The BINZ39 Foundation, established in 1982, offers seven studios for a two year residency at Sihlquai 133 in Zurich Kreis 5.
The focus is on Swiss visual artists who already live in Zurich or have planned to settle in Zurich for this time. It is in the interest of the foundation to support artists at the beginning of their career and to help them at a decisive moment in their career.
The studios are exclusively working studios and they cannot be used for housing.
Besides the possibility of working undisturbed in the center of Zurich alongside six other artists, the foundation offers a number of other engagements in the field of mediation: the curator of the foundation is available for mentoring session and regular open studio events are organised.
The 2-year residency includes:
- Free use of one of the studios at Sihlquai 133 (studio community with six other artists)
- Solo exhibition in the exhibition space of the BINZ39 at the end of the two years
- Integration into the mediating activities of the BINZ39 Foundation
- Use of the network and infrastructure of the BINZ39 Foundation
The next jury is taking place in February 2023. Deadline for the application is January 31, 2023.
Visual artists who are already living or have planned to live in Zurich during the residency period.
- A motivation letter with a description of the objectives associated with the studio stay
- Portfolio (no originals and no catalogs, videos on USB stick)
The application documents should be sent directly to: